A coaching application must be completed by all coaches, paid or volunteer.
Coaching Certification Requirements
All coaches, paid or volunteer, must meet the following requirements:
- Certified CPR Training*
- Must update every two years
- Certified First Aid Training*
- Must update every three years
- Certified Concussion Training*
- Must update every year
- Attend Child Abuse Identification workshop
- Attend School Violence Prevention and Intervention workshop
- Attend DASA Training
- Complete a fingerprint clearance
- Coaching License**
- Will need to renew - additional steps will be required to renew
- Must be in every sport you are coaching
*The athletic department facilitates CPR and First Aid Training for new and returning coaches.
** Certified New York State teachers, school leaders, or Pupil Personnel Service providers do not need to apply for a license
Additional Certification Requirements
Before starting the third year of coaching or for 3rd renewal and up, coaches will need to meet the following requirements.