Math instruction in the Cortland Enlarged City School District is aligned to the New York State Learning Standards. In addition to content-specific instruction, the mathematical practices are emphasized in all grades and all math courses (click here to read more):
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- Elementary resources can be found here.
- Secondary resources can be found here.
|K-12 Items||Kindergarten||1st Grade||2nd Grade||3rd Grade|
|4th Grade||5th Grade||6th Grade||7th Grade||8th Grade|
|Algebra 1||Geometry||Algebra 2||Pre Calculus