Supporting Teachers New to CECSD
Teachers are the key to student learning. If we want all students to learn at high levels we need to attract, keep, and support the best teachers. Here are some of the resources we use in our teacher induction program:
- Why Didn't I Learn This In College by Paula Rutherford
- Instruction for All Students by Paula Rutherford
- First Six Weeks of School from Responsive Classroom
- Find Your Marigold: The One Essential Rule for New Teachers, column by Jennifer Gonzalez
- APPR Plan Explanation for Orientation
Our 2022-2023 Induction and Mentorship Plan lists events and topics for the year. It was developed by our Induction & Mentoring Planning Committee.
Here's the mentor's shared folder. Inside are resources and logs for mentors to use.
If you are interested and willing to serve in this critical role, please fill out the mentor application below:
2023-2024 Mentor Application