|Who to pay?
||Where to pay?
||When to pay?
|When paying by personal check, payment should be made payable to:
Cortland Enlarged City School District Tax Collector
Please note: Paying in-person - school property taxes cannot be paid with cash unless you have an account with the Tompkins Trust Company. Non-account payees MUST pay by check only.
- Tompkins Trust Company - 36 Main St., Cortland
- Tompkins Trust Company -139 North St. Ext., Dryden
|School property taxpayers can pay their tax bill in two equal installments. The first half (installment) is due no later than September 30th and the second half (installment) is due no later than February 28th of the next year, without penalties.
Tompkins Trust Company
P.O. Box 766
Ithaca, NY 14851
(postmark counts as the date received)
If payment is not received by the September 30 deadline, a penalty is assessed on the first half that is past due. Below is a schedule of the penalty assessed on the first half only:
If first installment is paid by September 30th - no penalty
If the first installment is not paid by September 30th the following penalty schedule should be applied when submitted your payment:
October 31 - add 2% to the first installment
November 30 - add 3% to the first installment
December 31 - add 4% to the first installment
January 31 - add 5% to the first installment
February 28 - add 6% to the first installment
|By Debit Card, Credit Card or E-Check:
- Go to: www.taxlookup.net and find your county and then school district to search for your property tax information and to "proceed to payment"
- Debit Card, Credit Card and E-Check payments must be in the full amount, including late fees if paying after September 30. No partial payments accepted when using any of these forms of payments.
- There is an additional service fee charged for paying using these methods.
Tax payments are considered delinquent if they have not been postmarked by February 28. The district will no longer collect taxes after February 28 and are turned over to the City of Cortland, County of Cortland or County of Tompkins for collection as of March 1.
If your school taxes are deliquent, (not paid by February 28), all inquiries regarding delinquent taxes need to be directed to:
- City of Cortland Finance Department: (607) 756-6521
- Cortland County Treasurer: (607) 753-5070
- Tompkins County Treasurer: (607) 274-5542