F. S. Barry Primary School will serve kindergarten, first and second grades. The school is committed to the provision of a strong beginning -- in both literacy and numeracy. Our mission is to help each student thrive academically, socially, and emotionally ensuring each student achieves high levels of learning.
This will be accomplished with:
- A guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Teachers working in collaboration to share best instructional practices.
- Students receiving what they need academically and socially/emotionally - when they need it. This means there will be multiple instructional strategies used including enrichment activities in order for students to reach mastery of the essential standards.
- Supplying students with all of their necessary school supplies (except their backpack).
- Free breakfast and lunch for every student; Monday through Friday.
- Open communication with families regarding their child's progress and school wide events.
- We build a sense of community right away using the Positivity Project to provide a common framework and #OtherPeopleMatter culture.