Franklyn S. Barry School, with the logo of a friendly bulldog, is school to approximately 360 children and opened its doors in the spring of 1959. Dr. Franklyn S. Barry served as an educational leader in the Cortland community for a number of years holding the post of Superintendent of schools from 1947-1960.
F. S. Barry School serves the south-western portion of the City of Cortland, southwest Cortlandville, and the northwest corner of the town of Virgil. Our students live as east as South Main St/Page Green Rd (until Starr Road) including South Ave, Owego St, and the Barry School neighborhood; as far north as West Court/SUNY Cortland Campus; to the west until Route 281, McLean Rd Ext, Luker Rd and the Bowling Green neighborhood; and as far south to the boarder of Dryden on Route 13, including Walden Oaks, Bennie Road, and South Cortland (Nye Rd, Webb Rd area).
Students at F. S. Barry have the opportunity to participate in a large number of activites. These activities include Student Council, Safety Patrol, Band, Orchestra and Chorus.