WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
All of our lives have changed in the past two weeks. The situation is unprecedented and is changing rapidly. Indeed, it seems like each plan we make is quickly obsolete as conditions and information are updated. Rest assured that everyone in the Cortland Enlarged City School District, like everyone in our community, is completely committed to the well-being of all. Information may continue to change -- we’ll keep you posted as District plans evolve.
Cortland County declared a state of emergency at 4:00 p.m. on March 15, 2020. The District is shifting to distance learning at least until April Break. We are scheduled to return to school after April break (at least for now). Food distribution will occur Monday - Friday (please see below for details).
During the time of distance learning, we will continue to provide instruction. A portal has been established on the district webpage where all assignments are communicated -- it will be updated each week by the end of the day each Thursday. You can also find information about how to contact teachers and other staff such as counselors and school social workers.
Technology support for district devices and distance learning is available by sending an email to email@example.com or call 607-758-4188. You can expect someone to return your message from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Spectrum is offering discounts to households affected by the this virus. Beginning Monday, March 16, we’ll offer two free months of internet and WiFi services to new customers in households with Pre-K to 12 or college students who need remote education. This discount will be applied as a credit for your first two months of internet services. We’ll waive any installation or pre-payment fees to help get you started.
You can qualify for this offer if you:
- Have a student of qualifying age at your service address with remote education needs
- Have not subscribed to our internet services within the past 30 days
Call 1-855-243-8892 to sign up for this offer.
- Message sent to families and staff on March 23, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 20, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 19, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 18, 2020
- Internet Access and Device Needs Survey
- Meal Service Information
- Message sent to families on March 16, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 15, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 13, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 10, 2020 (including Q and A)
- Presentation to the Board of Education on March 10, 2020
- Message sent to families on March 4, 2020
- Letter sent to families on March 3, 2020