Welcome to F.E. Smith Intermediate School. Our District has recently re-configured our elementary buildings into grade level centers. Beginning with the 2019-20 school year, Smith School will serve all grade three and four students who reside in the Cortland Enlarged City School District.
Our staff is committed to providing engaging educational experiences which encourage and challenge each child to be his/her personal best: intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. We strive to build a strong sense of community through the use of Responsive Classroom practices and promote a culture of #OtherPeopleMatter through the Positivity Project.
We welcome your involvement and support.
- Students may enter Smith School at 8:00 a.m. to attend Morning Program and/or breakfast. Parents may attend Morning Program. Please sign in at the office upon arrival.
- Our instructional day begins at 8:30 a.m. Students arriving after that time are tardy and will need to be signed in at the office.
- Walkers are dismissed at 3:10 p.m. For their safety, students should go directly home. Students should not be on the playground without adult supervision.
- Parking is limited. Please adhere to the designated parking areas. Cars should not enter the bus circle. To ensure everyone's safety, please use the designated crosswalks and crossing guard.
- Shopping for new school clothes? Please be sure to adhere to our school dress code policy, a summary of which can be viewed below.