November 9 - Professional Development Day 1/2 PM
November 10 - Veterans Day
November 17 - Parent/Teacher Conference Day
November 22-24 - Thanksgiving Recess
Announcements for the week of
October 23, 2017
* International club will be meeting Wednesday from 3-4pm in room 130.
* Attention students: Join us for a fright filled night at the Cortland High Shool Harvest Festival October 27th from 6-8pm. Activities for all ages include the haunted hallway, pumpkin decorating, face painting, games, and much more. Admission is $2 or you will receive free admission for your whole family if you bring new socks to donate to our Socktober Sock drive! We would love to see your family dressed up in costume, so come out and join us for this spooktacular event.
* Attention 7th and 8th graders: The written portion of the Scripps national spelling bee will be held on October 26th at 2:30 in room 169. Both 7th and 8th graders are eligible to participate. If you are interested, see your English teacher for more information.
* Attention staff and students: There will be a Red Cross blood drive on Friday, November 3 from 8-1 in the upper gym. Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood. If you would like to donate blood, please see Mr. Canestaro in room 281 as soon as possible to sign up.
* Attention seniors: Your cookie dough and other items will arrive on Wednesday. You will need to pick up your order after 2pm. Meet us at the loading dock between 2:30-5pm.
* The Junior High book club will not be this week. Our next meeting will be Thursday, October 26 at 2:30. Please see Ms. Davison if you would like to join.
* Attention seniors: It's time to start selling tickets for the Harlem Wizards vs. Cortland Tigers basketball game. Top 5 sellers win a great prize. Sell 5 by October 31st.
* Are you interested in learning more about French culture? Watching French films? Listening to French music? Eating French food? Come to "old" Ms. Chapman's room 134 on Wednesday at 3:00 to learn more.
* Attention 8th graders going to New York City: Bus sign up will be Tuesday at the beginning of lunch in the West Commons. Sign up for your bus before you eat.
* The junior high newspaper meeting will be today (Monday) in room 169 after school.
* Attention staff and students: See Mrs. Johnson or Mrs. Andrews to purchase your tickets to see the Wizards take on the Tigers. $10 for students, $12 for adults.
* The Cortland Youth Bureau presents the 35 annual Chiller Haunted House. Friday October 27th, and Saturday October 28th 7-10pm. $1 admission. Partial proceeds to benefit the Cortland Youth Bureau.
* Attention skiers and boarders: The portal for ski and board sign-ups is open on the Greek Peak website. Sign up now for six nights of fun and adventure on the slopes starting in January. See Mr. Gamel or Mr. McNerney for more information. Think snow!
* Do you have some great pictures from spirit week or any other school activities? The yearbook staff wants them. Upload them to the replayit app or see Mrs. Quinlan in room 86.
* The following college representatives will be visiting the guidance office this week: Please see Mrs. Young if you would like a pass.
Tuesday - SUNY Brockport - 11:00am
Wednesday - University of Tampa - 9:30am, University of Pittsburgh - 11:00am
Thursday - Cazenovia College
Friday - LeMoyne College and Onondaga Community College
* Students who want to park in the student parking area in the upper lot must have a parking permit. Applications are available in Mr. Zarcone/Mrs. Dutcher's office.