January 15 - Martin Luther King Day
January 22 - January 25 - Regents Testing
January 29 - Staff Work Day - No Students
Announcements for the week of
January 8, 2018
* On February 16, Cortland High Student Council will be hosting the first annual Volleyball Tournament. All students in grades 9 - 12 are encouraged to participate. Games will start at 4pm after school. Total cost to participate is $24, with a team down payment of $4 required at sign-up. Sign ups are outside Mr. Canestaro's room 281. Sign-ups are due Friday, February 2nd. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team and for best team uniforms. We hope to see you there.
* Attention Mock Trial Students: There will be a meeting at 2:45 in room 109 Thursday, January 11.
* January 22 - January 25: Regular school days for all Junior and Senior high students. State Examinations will be given on these days during regular instructional hours only to those students needing to take these exams. Bus transportation to and from the high school will follow the regular schedule.
January 29: Staff work day. Students do not report to school on this day.
January 30: 2nd semester begins for grades 7 - 12
* The 54th Annual Cortland County Spelling Bee sponsored by the Cortland Youth Bureau will be held on Wednesday, January 24 at the Cortland Jr. High School in the LGI starting at 3:30pm. The 100 word written test is open to all 6th - 8th grade students. The top 16 spellers will advance to the semi-final round and compete for the following prizes: 1st place - New Lap Top Computer or $800 College Saving Funds, 2nd place - $250, 3rd place - $100. Come out and test your skills! All students who take the written test will be eligible to win a new Apple Air I-Pad.
* Auditions for Cortland Theater's production Of Almost Maine will be held on Thursday, January 11th. Sign up for an audition time slot is on Mrs. Bottle's door.
Regents Review Classes - all held after school
January 11 - Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
January 16 - Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
January 17 - Geometry
January 18 - Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
January 22 - Algebra 1 & Geometry
January 23 - Algebra 2
* Starting Monday, the library will be open at 7:25am for students in the morning.
* National Honor Society tutors are available every period in the academic center. Please stop down to check out the schedule and subjects that you can be tutored in during your free periods.
* The following college representatives will be visiting the guidance office this week: Please see Mrs. Young if you would like a pass.
* Students who want to park in the student parking area in the upper lot must have a parking permit. Applications are available in Mr. Zarcone/Mrs. Dutcher's office.