May 24 - No school for Staff/Students
May 27 - Memorial Day
Announcements for the week of:
April 22, 2019 - April 26, 2019
* Attention students: There is a can food drive happing until May 10th. Cans will be collected in homerooms. The homeroom with the most cans wins a donut party, so bring in those cans.
* All students taking AP tests this May: There will be a mandatory pre-administration session in the LGI during Learning Block and into period 6 on Thursday. Prompt arrival is necessary! Bring a couple of #2 pencils. If you will be absent, please contact Mr. Adams in the Guidance office.
Hey 10th & 11th graders: Do you want to become a better driver, get your senior license sooner, and save your parents a boatload of money on car insurance? Sign up for driver's ed this summer. Forms have been sent home, but if you have any questions, see Mr. Dearie, Mr. Gamel or Mr. Guido. Spots are filling up fast, so get your paperwork to Mrs. Kinney as soon as possible.
* Attention students ages 16 and up: Want to see what goes on behind the scenes at school? Want to build job history and gain interview experience? Apply for a summer job here in the Cortland School District and make good money with flexible hours. Pick up an application in Mr. Zarcone's office. If you have any questions see Mrs. Pomeroy or Mr. Zarcone.
* Attention seniors: Please check your school email acoount to vote for your 2019 Prom court! Voting will conclude at noon on Monday, April 29th.
* Attention all current sophomores and juniors. If you are interested in being a Link Crew Leader for next year, please complete and submit your applications to Mrs. Johnson by Friday, April 26. Applications are available in the Guidance office, Mr. Zarcone's, Mr. Brafman's offices, and Mrs. Johnson's classroom 138.
* Attention all students in grades 10 & 11 interested in applying to Science Honor Society. The application deadline is this Friday, April 26th. Should you have any questions or need additional paperwork, please see any science teacher or you can stop by room 281 for additional materials.
* Information about the two OCM BOCES summer Science programs are now available to interested students entering 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.
* If interested in attending either the Adirondack Field Studies Program or the Marine Studies Enrichment program this summer, see Ms. Frost in room 290 as soon as possible for the time and dates of each program. Spaces are limited.
* Tarson Pools & Spas is now hiring summer help at the Cortland location. Information is available in the guidance office, room 150. Packets for the Cortland County Summer Yough Employment program are still available.
* Attention seniors: Several scholarships are still available! See your guidance counselor or Mrs. Young. They are also available on the high school website. You will need to use NAVIANCE. Don't miss out.
* Attention AM and PM BOCES students without a lunch: Your new location to eat lunch will be in the Academic Center. This will be for the remainder of the year.
* Interested in employment? There are job opportunities posted on the bulletin board across from the senior high guidance office.