2020-2021 Budget Results
On June 16, the residents of the Cortland Enlarged City School District approved the proposed 2020-21 School District budget of $50,170,001.
“Thank you to everyone who sent in their absentee ballot and voted,” Superintendent of Schools Michael H. Hoose said. “Your support of the Cortland Enlarged City School District and its mission to educate the children of this community is very much appreciated.”
Elected two members of the Board of Education: Janet Griffin and Lorilee Megivern. They will serve three-year terms starting July 1.
- Approved a $50,170,001 budget for the 2020-21 school year that increases spending 1.2%, and carries a 1.09% tax levy increase: 2,042 yes, 733 no.
- Approved the purchase of student transport vehicles, including all necessary furnishing, fixtures and equipment, and the expenditure of a total sum not to exceed $529,000: 1,980 yes, 774 no.
- Approved a high school student to be an ex-officio student member of the Board of Education: 2,270 yes, 499 no.
- Approved the sale of Parker Elementary School for the sum of $91.00: 2,196 yes, 588 no.
- Approved an annual budget for the Cortland Free Library of $401,024: 1,851 yes, 926 no.