Fourth Grade Sings With Ithacapella
On January 16th, fourth graders from across the district united for an exciting musical experience! The fourth graders came together to present a combined concert with the college a cappella group Ithacappella, for community members, staff and parents. This concert, was a collaborative effort of the music teachers in all five elementary schools.
Virgil elementary music teacher, Jonathan Keefner said, “When our team of music teachers met during collaboration time, we saw an opportunity to create community through music during a transition period where community will be more important than ever."
Ashley Merritt, student at Randall School said, “I really enjoyed this performance. During the last rehearsal we had Ithacappella come and give us some advice on how we can make our performance better. Ithacappella also showed us how to beatbox which was really cool!”
In addition to the wonderful music that was performed, each school’s art teacher worked with their students to create a piece of art that represented their school. The five pieces of artwork were then formed into a shield which represented all of the schools coming together.
Below is a list of songs that were performed:
- Barry Fourth Grade, “Happier” by Marshmallow Key
- Parker Fourth Grade, “On Top of The World” by Imagine Dragons
- Randall Fourth Grade, “Count on Me” by Bruno Mars
- Smith Fourth Grade, “Stressed Out” by Twenty One Pilots
- Virgil Fourth Grade, “Simple” by Florida Georgia Line
- Entire Fourth Grade, “Be Okay” by Simple Honey