The Cortland Jr. Sr. High School LMC strives to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- Working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Catherine Dymus, LMS
Library Data Base Information
- Students will respect the library space, property, and users.
- Students will work or occupy themselves quietly. All conversations will be at a low level to provide a comfortable learning environment for all.
- Students will be responsible for their own space in the library, meaning students must keep their table and the floor around them clean. Food and drink is not allowed in the library. (Students may have a private discussion with the Librarian for alternative meal locations)
- Students using laptops will sign them out at the circulation desk and return them to the cart before leaving. Students are aware that all files, folders, and accounts are the property of the CCSD.
The LMC is open to students before school, during study hall, lunch, and after school.
All students visiting the library are must follow Library Expectations.
From Study Halls
- Students must report to study hall first for attendance purposes
- Students will come as a group with either a paper pass or electronic pass and type their own name in the Google doc under their study hall teacher and IN LMC. Study hall teachers have access to the doc to check on their students arrival.
- Students who need to use the library and have a pre-signed pass from the teacher of their assignment will always be given priority.
- Students will remain in the LMC for the entire period.
Before and After School
- Students must have a pass signed by a teacher or library staff member and sign in on the white sheet at the circulation desk. Permanent passes will be distributed on an as needed basis.
- Students must go to the commons first to eat lunch unless other arrangements have been made with the library staff.
- Students must remain in the library for the remainder of the period.
- No passes are needed to visit the library before and after school. Students in must sign in on the computer after school and indicate whether or not they need a late bus pass.